Monday, March 03, 2008

Update

I know this is really amazing that I'm actually posting something! Theres not too much going on around here. Ryan just got his re-enlistment package approved and has sent it in, so within 3-4 weeks we'll know what he'll be doing and from there we'll get orders to where we'll go. We requested either Cherry Point, NC or San Diego, CA. It would be nice to go to North Carolina because I've never been to the East Coast and there's a lot we can go see.

Here are a bunch of pictures since August, my last post.

In August Ryan and I went to Las Vegas for our 4year Anniversary. We stayed at the Venetian, it was really great to get away and to somewhere HOT!! It was really hot but great since Washington didn't get that great of a summer.


Us on a gondola ride through the Venetian before dinner.



We also decided to rent a car and drive to the Hover Dam. I think it was even more hot out there and a little scary to look down. But it was fun, we go to go inside and down the side of the dam through some tunnels. It's really amazing and beautiful out there.





Next in November was the Marine Corps Ball. Happy 232nd Birthday to the Marine Corps!
Then for Ryan's 25th birthday, Dec. 2nd we were going down to Seaside, OR and us Jarom and Chelsea's Timeshare there and stopped in Beaverton to see Ryans brother Wes, his wife Kristy and their daughter Jazlyn. That weekend we found out when we got there, there was supposed to be Hurricane winds coming and knocked out all the power on the coast and closed all the roads going to and from the coast. So we stayed the weekend with Wes, Kristy and Jazlyn.


When we left and were on our way back we barely got through Chehalis, WA on I-5 before it closed due to flooding and broken levies.

I was really excited this Christmas because we were actually going to have a REAL Christmas tree! Every year we've lived in San Diego and weren't going to pay the outrageous price of a real tree, so this year we went out and cut down our own!




Of course I had to measure how tall our ceiling was so I could get the biggest one possible!

Ryan's family does Christmas German style and opens their presents up at night, so we did that with his parents of Christmas Eve, then went back to our place and opened a few, then in the morning we opened the rest of our own and then headed over to my parents house. This year it was nice that Aaron and his dog diesel were able to come. I haven't seen Aaron in about 2yrs, so that was great!
I tried to add more pictures but I think this post might be too big. I don't blog often so I'm not quite sure how big they can be.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

What a great update! I LOVED IT!! I don't often get a chance to talk with you and your blog is a great source of sisterly knowledge. When you update it! I hope you do it more often!! Hint, hint! Cuz you know Mom and Dad never tell me anything!

I didn't know Ryan had put in his papers. You'll have to let us know where you're going when you find out! If you go to NC you'll have to go see Melissa for me! She's out there. Not sure what the name of her base is, but she's in Fayetteville. Which she calls Vietnam-ville. She hates it! lol. I can't believe you didn't put down TEXAS!! So sad for you!!

Anyway. Cool that you got a real tree! It was very pretty.

Also cool that you went to Hoover Dam. I have never been there. I've been to Vegas lots, but never made it out to the dam. I think I would be too scared anyway! I hate heights!

Lastly, you are lookin' HOT my sister! Absolutely gorgeous! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good update. You put me to shame. I will now have to update mine. Hoover Dam, yes, I remember our honeymoon at the dam. Dad held onto anything he could find. He hates heights. I had a grand time running all over the place and seeing things. We will have to take another trip now that they are almost finished with the bypass bridge.