Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I know that it's been almost a month since Thanksgiving, but I finally have time to blog (I'm on vacation for the week :) ) Ryan invited his work over for Thanksgiving and I had my girlfriend Leah and her husbad over and she helped me cook. So we had about 18 people over for dinner and a 24lb turkey plus a ham. We had A LOT of turkey left over. It was really fun but really tiring! I made the guys do all the dishes and even mop my floors because Ryan got turkey and ham juices all over the ground and plus my floors are so aweful and show dirt REALLY easily, I constantly have to mop my floors.


This is a picture of the set up. We took the love seat from the wall and put the big one against the wall so we could fit two fold up tables there. There is a gear issue here and you can rent anything from snowboards/skiis, any kind of camping gear, jumpy houses, coolers, chairs, tables and a bunch of other stuff for FREE!






You can see Ryan's new baby. He got a 52" Sony Bravia LCD tv a couple days before Thanksgiving. He was lucky because I was going to have to order it through the cataloge and have it shipped by boat over, and I was on the waiting list here at the exchange and they called me to tell me it was in the day before I was going to order it.


Ryan carving the turkey
What a cutie, I'm right behind him slaving over the stove. We didn't take any pictures of me cooking but I think some other people did, so I'll have to get those.
All in all it was a great time and we're going to have them over again for Christmas and I'm looking forward to that and I'm already planning my meal.

2 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

You told me of the crowd but I just didn't realize how full the house was. Three large tables full..

Sariah said...

Oh, dang! It looks like a cafeteria in there with all those tables! Very cool though to spend Thanksgiving with all your friends! Good luck with Christmas!