Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowboarding

So a few weekends ago we went snowboarding with Leah and her husband Brad and some of his Marines. We were following other people in a van and had to turn around three times. The only thing is that the expressways here aren't like in the US, you have to pay to drive on them and once you get on it, there aren't very many exits. So we'd get to the toll booth area where you get your ticket to get on and then we'd play charades to tell the workers we need to turn around and they'd have to open special gates and go down little roads.

Here is one of the times the guys were trying to ask them where we need to go. The guy with the blonde high 'n tight is Brad and the other guy is the one we were following. After this (the 2nd time) of turning around we took control.

So I got in the front seat with him because I'm good at reading maps and directions. We did take one wrong exit and we couldn't turn around for like 5miles, but when we read the directions, they were so simple. It took us like 3hrs to get there and only an hour and half to get back.

Ryan on the lift up


A view from the top of the run. It was the opening weekend and there was only man made snow.



Leah on her butt. She couldn't stand up. Eventually after 2hrs right there she took her board off and took the lift down.



Me :)



This is funny, at the restaurant at the bottom you can order Humburgers. I love it when they spell things wrong!


The group that went





A view of the run from the bottom





Oh that's familiar! Me on my butt! The first run down was the hardest because I've only gone once before and that was 4yrs ago. I had an interesting bruise on my butt, when we were leaving I went to the bathroom to change and I could already see it forming. It was like a speckling of bruises.





YAY!! I got to the bottom! This was my second time down, a much better run this time





Next time I'm trying skiing, just to see what it's like


Ryan at the bottom





He was much better than me but also a little rusty too.






It's such a balancing act.


It was really fun and can't wait to go back and especially since there is actually snow up there now. Plus we have to get ready to go up to Nagano in January for Martin Luther King weekend for a big ski trip the the tourism place here on base is putting on.

3 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

The package I sent yesterday will come in handy for the future ski trips. Looks like lots of fun.

Kristy E.B. said...

Looks like fun! Glad you guys are having a good time over there. We'll sure miss you for Christmas! Jazlyn misses you guys and talks about how you're far away in Japan.

Sariah said...

Ok, I had to laugh at that snow! It's just a trail of packed snow! HA! I guess anything will do when you're desperate for a little ski trip, right?

Still, it looks fun and that's more than what you'll find in TEXAS!

Merry Christmas and good luck with your Christmas feast!