Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Arita Chinaware Festival

So in May I went on an ITT trip to a town called Arita, which is south of here on the next island down from us. That area is known for it's china factories and they were having their annual chinaware festival where the vendors are on the streets selling their stuff that isn't completely perfect. I got a lot of great stuff for only $160 bucks.

Here are some pictures of the town.





It was about 6miles worth of vendors!














Here is all my loot. 6 bowl es, plates, cups and small plates. Then some serving dishes. Next year I think I'm going to get a whole matching place setting.

2 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

I like the deep blue pieces.

Sariah said...

Those are all really pretty. I LOVE the green piece! I'm into square dishes right now and that green is a favorite color of mine!