Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Camping

So we went camping about two weeks ago to Hamada Beach. It's on Oshima Island, which is just a small island around here.

Here is a funny thing I found posted


We were on a cliff over looking the water. It was a really nice place with a cooking area, running water, showers and even washers/dryers. The Japanese way of camping is pretty nice, but not private. There were only small hedges separating each campsite, but luckily the Japanese schools aren't out yet so there weren't very many people there and they placed us away from everyone else.













A jelly fish, we found a couple and took them out of the water.




The beach was nice, except for the sand. I think it's man made so the pebbles were really big and hurt to walk on unless you had sandals on.








It was really fun and I think we're going again this weekend but up to the dam in the mountains.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

You found the beach! Very cool! I wish we could go camping sometime. I'm afraid I'll die of the hot humid nights though.

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

The campsites look small. Nice sand compared to Washington beaches.