Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kyoto

Ryan and I went to Kyoto I think the weekend of the 18th of September. The first day we were there it rained, so I wasn't as good. But we spent half the day on the drive up and most of the other time we were walking inside places. I posted random pictures from our trips. I can never remember what significance the buildings have anymore.





This was some special golden temple on the water.






These pictures are from the second day there. The weather was beautiful that day because it was sunny and warm, but not hot.




Deer, every "special" sacred place in Japan has deer everywhere; and they all want to be up in your face getting whatever kind of food from you.




Ya, forgot to change this was around.



The classic pose. The guy right behind my shoulder was our tour guide Yuji.






Some big old palace that actually burned down and this is a replica of it; and it's only 3/4 of the size it used to be. I believe there aren't any nails in the structure also.



Some scary thing that if you rub it, then rub part of your body that needs healing it will heal it.



This is big buddha inside the building.









Walking upstairs to a temple. We were walking around the monks housing area.




A monks house I believe.



That was most of our trip. Just a quick one on the ITT tour trips.

1 comment:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Love the Red, White and Blue togetherness. Interesting that the deer can roam around and be so friendly.