Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Furniture

Every Spring and Fall there is a bazaar here on base where vendors from all across the Far East come and sell furniture, clothing, and whatever else you can think of almost. Well I had been wanting something for our hallway when you walk in, but a little end table like thing. But when we checked the bazaar out, we liked too many things; so this is what we got.

We really liked this because of the mirror, but we wanted something that had more storage in it. So we continued to look around.




Then we saw this little piece. We liked it because it had more drawers and it was just the right size; but it didn't have the mirror. So we continued to look.



Then we saw this one, it had another piece as part of a set, but we really didn't have room for it. We liked all three pieces and couldn't decided. So we went home, thought about it and just said "heck, let's get all three!", so that's what we did! And I REALLY LOVE them all! I had just had a partylite party and needed a place for some of my things so these were perfect.


The lantern on top is a present my co-workers got for me because the bazaar was the weekend of my birthday and Ryan told them I wanted it. When I went to go buy it, it was gone. I was so sad, and then on Monday at work they brought it out to me. It was really a surprise, and it was only $26, you can get some great steals at the bazaar. We got all three of our pieces from three different vendors for a total of $975; but if you could have gotten them at one place, we could have gotten them down to $750 I'm sure. It was almost like being in Beijing again, all the haggling for the furniture. Which kinda brings me to my next annoucement, WE'RE GOING TO HONG KONG FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Whoop Whoop! Oh ya, we're excited and we're already planning our 4 day trip!

3 comments:

Laura McGee said...

time. thats what helps to get over the miscarriage, and family. It took me a while and it was so hard to see pregnant women and my friends expecting when i should have been. I just believe that things happen when they are suppose to and that your little one and my little one, it just wasn't time for them. We will have our time with them in the afterlife. Hang in there sweetie. Things will happen they are suppose to. We misscarried in July 2006 and we ended up moving back to wa two days before jan 2007. we were staying at my parents house until we found a new place and really were nto trying to again until we got back on our feet and figured stuff out... well guess what? i got pregnant with Kason by pure fate... and here he is 2 years later and life is amazing. so things will happen they are suppose to.. i know thats not what you want to hear, but they will.

Mary said...

I LOVED shopping at the flea market in Hawaii, and would always find amazing deals...once all the haggling was done :o)

Love all the new furniture!

Mike and Traci said...

Alyssia! It's good to hear from you. Wow! It looks like you guys are having so many awesome adventures there in Japan. I'm super jealous! And, I must say you look so beautiful! You are a very pretty girl! You were right, I am pregnant! We're expecting our second little girl January 15th. You're the first one to guess it on the blog :)! How much longer do you guys have in Japan? Are you still doing school there? Is Ryan loving work?