Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday weekend!

So this past weekend was my 24th Birthday, I know I'm getting old! :( But Friday night we went out to eat to a place called Shirokiya in downtown Iwakuni, we've walked past it a lot of times so we thought we'd try it out, plus we had Ryan's marines with us so we thought they'd like it.





This is right inside the doorway, it was a really nice place but still inexpensive.



A lot of food is served like this, meat on a stick. It think this is all pork, or so they say, It was pretty good except for the skin on a stick, I didn't try it because Ryan already said it was gross.



Not a good picture of this, but it was little pieces of beef, all fried up in some tasty kind of spices.



Most of the restaurants have menus outside to look at, so Ryan saw this on the menu but it looked even grosser. This is a 32" sausage, he loved how it got serviced with scissors, he even ate it with chop sticks! When he orders french fries out in town he'll also eat those with chopsticks too, just because we're in Japan.




Him eating a cut of it!



Then on Saturday night, we went out to dinner with our friends Ben and Tish to this Italian place we've seen when we are on the way to Chicken Shack. It's called Campagne, but I think it's supposed to be campaign. They spell a lot of things wrong here. It was great food and I'm trying new stuff out, I have basil pasta with scallops, they were pretty good.




A cute little decoration in the doorway



Ryan looking Japanese.



Us outside after dinner.



Then on Sunday we went bowling and Ryan made me a cake. He was starting night crew so he works Sunday-Thursday 4pm-Midnight(or sooner). But he wouldn't make the cake how I like it chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, because he wanted to eat some too.




And this was my birthday present, and for those who can't read the bear box, it says "A Brand New Baby", he said he was giving me a baby for my birthday, so here it is! The onesies even comes off!


2 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Oh how precious!! Does he wear onees? What is his name.

Sariah said...

All that food looks sooooo good! And so do you!! Happy Birthday, Poochie!