Friday, October 10, 2008

Yokota Air Base, Tokyo JP Movie overload!

So here I am again at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo, Japan. I was here at the begining of Sept. for two weeks for teller training and then I spent two weeks at home, then I came back this past Tuesday and I'll be here for two weeks again for CSR (personal banker) training. Since I'm the Banking Center Service Manager (asst. manager) I have to know everyone's jobs just in case I have to be back up. I am the 2nd person to be CSR since my CSR is only part time. When I get back from training my manager and CSR will be overlapping their vacations. So I'm going to be doing both of their jobs. Which will be good because we get so awefully slow that it will be nice to be busy, hopefully!!!

So last time I was here I didn't take any pictures because I didn't think there was anything interesting to show you. So I took tons of videos on my way from the airport to the base. Here is right outside the terminal, I was waiting to catch my bus to the base.



This is part of downtown Tokyo, I think it is more of the outskirts.




Notice that we are driving on the other side of the road! It's so weird to watch American movies now and see the people driving on the other side of the car and street. Especially when they are making turns, I'm thinking in my head "Oh no! Their going to run head on with a car!"


Here you can see some of the Japanese housing. That blue sign that says Lawson, that is a convienence store. It's really popular. That place, Family Mart and TONS of 7/11's. At 7/11 you can pay your phone bill, leave your emergency contact information, and buy tickets to a lot of entertainment events.



Here you can see a little of the Japanese housing.



The McDonalds is just the same here. Except there are some shrimp burgers and there is a Mega Mac, it has even more patties and another bun in the middle. It's really big and the food is just as great. Ryan and I were at McDonalds a little south of where we live, not too many Americans down there I'm guessing because we were sitting in McDonalds, eating our food, and there were these two teenage girls that just sat there staring at us! It was really awkward!



So there is this store that I absolutely love here in Japan. It is like an Old Navy and they have the most American style clothes you can find. It's called UniQlo. So I had my hair back and I was trying on clothes, first you take your shoes off before you go in the dressing room and the attendant gave me this thing to wear on my head, I'm guessing to keep my hair looking nice! It didn't really work but oh well. Also what's great about this store is that if you buy something that needs to be a little altered, they will do it there and for free!!

I will take more pictures of the actual base and my room. So more to come!

2 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Thanks for showing some of Toyko. Nice hair. maybe the bags are to keep lice from spreading.

Anonymous said...

Holiday must be a fun issue and we will make sure that you have loads of it along with the most unbelievable deals that don’t burn a hole in your pocket. Global travel booker gives you with the wide range of online flight booking options to the place of your choice, wherever that may be. With our amazing range of flight bookings search the world and its varied attractions. To get cheap flight booking to Tokyo or to any destination of your choice,be it London or Dubai,Come to us.