Monday, July 07, 2008

Fishing!

So this past Sunday we went fishing at the marina with Bonnie and Dan. It was really nice out there, especially since more on base there really isn't a cold breeze, so it was cooler out there, actually bearable. Here is Ryan with the little basket that you put frozen/cold baby shrimp in there and then the line above it has fake ones that are the hooks. I guess right now the season is only small fish unless you're on a river.



Here is me trying to fish.


Me with a little fish I caught, can't remember the name, pretty tasty though. We cooked about 10 of those later that night, they weren't that bad, not too much meat, you would get a lot of little bones but we just breaded them in cornbread and deep fried them.



Ryan
Us. A pretty look out the harbor.
Another part of the harbor, to the left of the picture above.
The pier we were fishing off of.
The main marina. We rented a kayak there for only $3 an hour, the main rec. center thing rents out tons of stuff for free! You can rent everything you need to go camping, fishing, jumpy houses, pretty much anything you can think of, all for free.

3 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

With all the freebees there should be lots of experiences to share. I look forward eagerly to the next posting. I am a bit jealous of the opportunities.

Sariah said...

OK, Poochie, a few things.

1.) You look great...but could REALLY use a tan! ;)

2.) Your little fish is soo cute! I can't believe you ate it!

3.) I can't believe you can deep fry anything and not end up with a butt like mine!!

4.) It looks really peaceful out there and I would love to visit. In fact, Christopher, since seeing your blog, wants to come and visit y'all so bad....too bad we're poor!

5.) love, Love, LOVE your sunglasses! Where did you get them? Please don't tell me japan!

Sariah said...

6.) Why don't you ever leave a comment on my blog? You hate me don't you...that's just great!!!