Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chicken Shack!

So after the beach on Sunday we decided to go to the Chicken Shack. The map makes it look like it's just up the road, but it's through the mountains and everything! Oh ya, and I don't know if I've told very many people but they don't do street names here. So you have to go by landmarks, they only name major highways and the freeway. So we turn on the road and are going up a dark road and we're not sure where it was on the road, then we see bright lights and this is what we come upon!



I had no idea that this was going to be so fancy and cool! I mean chicken shack doesn't sound like it's going to be very impressive right?


Here are our pictures of us being like Samurai soldiers or something.































So you go down a little walkway and come upon this cool eating area, you can eat outside or inside. We decided outside because you can grill your food and it gets smokey, and it's just so cool outside! So this is the area that we ate at. Pictures just can't do it justice. There is just so much to take in and cool lights and colors all around you.














So our waitress knew English very well and she handed us an English menu and this is like the first thing that I read. We all started to laugh and not talk about it since we remembered that she spoke English, so I asked her what is was and she laughed. She was like, "no, it's not what you think, it's not a actual Jew Ear!" She knew we were laughing about it and it was funny.






So our friend Ben decided to order it. Here is a picture of it. The waitress tried to describe it as like a vegetable, like a mushroom or something.




So I tried the Jew Ear! It was actually pretty good. It's really spicy and crunchy, not what I was expecting since I don't like mushrooms and that's what she said it was like.
For dinner we got chicken on a stick, which the chicken shack is know for, gyoza which was awesome we ordered more and some rice. They don't really do fried rice here, I like it better but I guess I'll get used to it.Chowing down on my chicken, you can choose dark or white meat so that was nice. The chicken tasted so good! I think Ryan wants to take his Marines out there next Saturday. This is definitely a place we will take anyone who comes to visit us! Oh ya, most of the places we have ate, you have to sit on your butt, which your legs go numb so you have to lounge out.


4 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

That is such a colorful place and off the main road. Looks like good food too.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast. Keep the pictures coming. You are making us jealous.

Anonymous said...

It's hilarious how un-politically correct you can be outside the United States. I don't think a restaurant could get away with having a meal called "Jew Ear". That chicken on a stick looks dang good though!

Sariah said...

That's chicken shack is da bomb skillet and I so want me a piece of that Jew Ear!!! Actually, that chicken on a stick looks REALLY good!

Have you seen the movie, Surf's Up? A kid movie. Anyway, they talk about having chicken on a stick like this and the kids thought of the movie while seeing this post and asked if you knew what they were talkin' about!

Stop! Drink-Drive