Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New van!

So here is a picture of our new van! This is a picture of me at my first time of driving on the other side of the road and car! It's a Honda Odyssey. Of course, we always buy Honda's, not on purpose here it was just a good deal and what we were looking for. Ryan HAD to get a van here so he could cart all of his Marines around and this is the only time I'll let him get one! It did come into handy today because all three couples went to eat today(that will be another post).

Every time I make a turn onto another road I have to remind myself which lane to go into.
The van is a six seater, two captain seats behind the front then a bench in the back, but I think it's only for two. The back seats also fold down.
Nice side view. Ryan did see another one like this for sale before we knew about this one. It was the same but red and it didn't have tinted windows. I guess Odysseys are really popular, which is good because if we ever needs parts we can find them.




Notice on our plates that it has a 300 number at the top. Well first the characters before means Iwakuni is some kind of Japanese letters. Then the 300 determines how much you'll pay for your road tax and insurance. The smaller the number, the bigger the engine size. So since Ryan is an E-5 and is 25yrs, we paid 430yen for a year. Not bad but when you think about it it's only the very basic of liability. But oh well, it only cost us $1200, which is pretty good because it's really nice inside and the only body defect is the paint on the front hood and top are fading a little. Oh, and also the Y means that it's a Yankee plate, which is an American plate :)

I'm so glad that we have a car now, it get brutal walking around in the heat and humidity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Alyssia, I can't believe you guys actually bought a van!! Well, I guess that's a good thing so when you have a baby next year you'll have a nice big car to put her in. :-) You know it's true!

Sariah said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! I seriously can't believe you bought a VAN!! I have 3 kids and I wont buy a van!! Oh, well. You did make a good choice with a Honda though. That's the only type of van I would buy if I HAD to.

So, you paid 1200 bucks total for that van?!?! That's seriously insanely awesome!! Good luck driving on the other side of the road!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

I like the new car. Looks like you will be having lot of "friends" along. Maybe even a few real friends.