Monday, July 14, 2008

Kintai Bridge II

So this last Saturday we were bored and didn't know what else there was to do, (it was already 4pm) so we went back to the Kintai bridge with Ben and Leticia. It was overcast but it was SSOO muggy! Here are a bunch of pictures!







I don't know who this is but I bet it's some great Samurai.



This is all taken on the Samurai side of the bridge.


You can see it in this picture, it's the white stuff hanging from the top rope. Those are fortunes. People pay like a dollar for a fortune and if it's good, then they keep it. If it's bad, then they tie it to anything in that area and the gods there will get rid of it. They also do this thing where there's a tiered thing and people that rocks and make wishes on them. Then they try to throw it on the highest tier, but the key is to NOT knock someone else's wish off of it because then it's bad. So you see rocks on everything almost!


So I HAD to get a picture of a Japanese toilet! Not very hygienic!



So you pull down the pants, and hover over the porcelain whole, the right side is the front of it. Luckily, I haven't had to use on!

Whoops pardon me!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROSS!!!! I can't believe anyone would just squat over a porcelain bed. ugh! Let's pray you NEVER have to use a public toilet.

Sariah said...

Yes, let us pray!! I can't imagine the clean up for a woman that peed!! FORGET IT!! I'll take a yankee toilet anyday!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

I hope I never HAVE to use one.

Christopher said...

Pooch,
I know who that samurai statue is of. He actually died in a "drink-drive" accident after he knocked someone else's rock off the top tier. Very Bad fortune.
"Stop! Drink-Drive! Please understand it!" If only he got that fortune, maybe he would still be with us.