Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Pictures

So this is from when we went to Osho, which is also called the gyoza house. It was really good food! I had a bowl of fried rice, onion soup, chicken on a stick, and gyoza, then a desert that had mandarin oranges and some kind of jello-y kind of stuff, it was good. The water there tasted DISGUSTING!! It smelled like sea water and tasted weird. Really good food though, it was really good price too, like $7 I think.
This is a funny sign they had there too! Sometimes when the Japanese people try to write in English they translate or spell things wrong. I love it, "Please understand it."



This all of us(except tish(leticia) is taking the picture), at Janjakas. So it's Ryan, Me, and Dan. Then Ben and Bonnie. It's really good Korean place. You order raw pieces of meat and then you cook it on a little grill they have in the middle of the table. It's really good, but can get expensive, but the plates of meat are made for 2.

The grill you cook your food on. Ryan ordered us some potato wedges just in case we didn't like the food. What is weird though is that this is right down the road from Osho, and the water here tastes just fine!
This is cool. Since this is kinda of a nice restaurant and you sit Japanese style, you put your shoes in a little locker at the front and the keys are these cool blocks of wood that can only be used on your locker.Here are our flip flops in our locker.



I should have taken more pictures but I feel funny taking them. I feel like the Asian people America taking pictures of everything. But this is at the traffic circle in the middle of downtown Iwakuni, to the left is the train station and down the way is a long strip of stores. In there is Fuji Grand, which is a 7 story mall pretty much. The first floor is groceries(most malls are like that), then every floor has its own theme. Like one floor is just kids, then underwear and house stuff, them ladies, then men's, and a food court.


So here is a little of the kids arcade( a lot of old ladies playing there too though) it's practically like a whole floor of just this. I would hate to bring kids here because they would never want to leave. You could though leave your kids to play while you shop. It's really safe here, you see little 5yrs walking home from school all the time.



CRAZY!!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ooo!!! I am so jealous! Seeing all of your pics makes me want to jump on a plane to Tokyo right now!!!!! You're right, it is really safe there and INCREDIBLY clean. We might have to bump up our visit a little- I don't know how long I can take it :)

Sariah said...

My kids would DIE to visit that arcade floor!!! And I love that lots of old ladies are playing there! That will be me and Christopher in years to come!

Kristy E.B. said...

I'm glad you guys are seeing fun things and it seems like you're having a great time. We miss you though!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Wow!! Looks like lots of fun. Glad ya have friends to explore with.

Sariah said...

I love the "I do not do the offer of the alcohol" "please understand it" and STOP! drink-driving! I always come back to look at this sign and get a laugh.

Christopher said...

I am going to try and start talking like Japanese signs. Just to make my goose laugh. Thank you for bringing even more humor into our already ludicrous lives. I mean... I do offer good thanks. You have blog with much of the funny, please know it.