Monday, February 23, 2009

Mizuho

The weekend before MLK day we went to Mizuho Highlands, a ski resort near here. We went with our friends and brought one of Ryan's marine, Ryan, because he needed cheering up. He tried going home but had a layover in China and he didn't have a passport, so they wouldn't let him go.

A picture of Ryan and Ryan


Me skiing for the first time. Brad, my friend Leahs husband, skiis and he tought me how. I'm glad I tried it before I went to Nagano.


It was snowing like crazy and it was so windy! I didn't have goggles, just sun glasses so they kept fogging up and couldn't see, but if I took them off I couldn't see either.
Ryan and Ryan on the gondola up.



Ryan and me. My face always gets really red and blochey. I looked like I had a face disease.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Whoa! It sure was snowing like crazy. Do you get a lot of snow or only when you go to the mountains. Looking at these pictures makes me realize we are a world away as I sit outside in our 88 degree weather playing with water hoses! lol