Saturday, August 02, 2008

Kintai Bridge Fireworks!

So this Saturday night since Ryan is on a 24Hr duty I went with my friend Amy and her son Chris to the Kintai Fireworks. I don't know what kind on festival it was, but a lot of people we coming in their summer kimonos, which are the same as kimonos they are just a light layer of fabric. So we got there about 6:30pm and the fireworks were at 8pm.

Here is just a picture of the people, we sat just right behind the bridge, so the view was pretty good, but just a little cut off at the top.


Amy's son Chris, but I also wanted to point out the summer kimono right behind him, they are really pretty.

My camera doesn't take the best night pictures, but here are some boats hanging out to watch fireworks but also there are cormorant fishing going on. This is where they tie a leash to a cormorant fish and a rubber band around his neck, and they fish for the fish and because of the rubber band they can't swallow the fish.

Here is Amy and Chris, he is almost 2yrs old and he was really good with the fireworks. He's never been around them and at first the loud booms scared him, he got used to them.

They kept lighting these polls that have something written on them and then fireworks going up the sides and the colors would keep changing.

Here is a good video of the fireworks. Later on they were like bombs going off. Seriously, if you had combat trauma, you'd think you were back in the war. The fireworks went on for an hour and a half, but they would start and then stop again, almost like they had to keep setting them up. But it seemed like they had like 5 finales, and the fireworks were right on top of you, some of them really did look like bombs. They also had some really good food there too. They like to put in on a stick. Their fastfood is really different than ours, it's still actual food like chicken, pork, beef, fish or something on a stick, not burgers and fries and all the stuff.

4 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Loved the fireworks, the crinkles and colors.

Christopher said...

What kind of camera do you have? it takes AWESOME video! Those fire-works were inspiring... "please understand it"

I'm sorry, it's really late here and Sariah and I are peeing our pants as we talk back and forth like Japanese English signs.

Anonymous said...

I love that summer kimono too!! Awesome fireworks. Hey - I got your packet today. I'll send your stuff off ASAP. 8/5

Sariah said...

Yeah, I'm diggin' those summer kimono too! I like the offer of purchasing the one of the kimonos for the Sariah. Please understand it!

How much would one of those set me back? I'm sure they are expensive.